CAOT Board Director
Seeking occupational therapists to provide national representation and leadership in professional issues to Canadian occupational therapists at the Board of Directors level. The successful candidate will possess initiative, creativity, foresight, strong communication and interpersonal skills and a keen desire to promote the profession.
Nominations deadline is December 1, 2017
To be a director of the association an individual must be at least 18 years of age. No person who has been declared incapable by a court or who has the status of a bankrupt shall be a director.
To be eligible to be candidate for Elected Director, the individual must:
- Be a member of the Association;
- Have practiced occupational therapy in Canada for a minimum of three (3) years;
- Have served a minimum of one (1) year on his provincial, territorial or local occupational therapy organization or served for at least one year as a committee member for the Association.
- Hold a current membership in his provincial or territorial professional organization of occupational therapists; and
- Hold primary residency or primary employment in his provincial or territorial area of representation.
The Governance Committee may make a written request to the Board for the waiver of some qualifications. In its discretion, the Board may grant the waiver of such qualifications.
- Understanding the functions and responsibilities of the CAOT Board;
- Knowledge on a diversity of issues related to occupational therapy;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Ability to guide the work of the Association to meet the mission, vision and strategic priorities;
- Ability to commit interest, energy and ideas for the work of the CAOT Board;
- Willingness to consider other viewpoints and seek consensus;
- Ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Liaise between the CAOT Board of Directors and constituents;
- Be familiar and comply with the bylaws, governance manual, code of ethics and policies of the association;
- Represent CAOT or participate in CAOT activities as directed by the Board;
- Attend all Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting of CAOT, to set policy, determine strategic directions for the Association and monitor compliance with the Board policy and achievement of strategic priorities.
Term of Office
Three years commencing October 1, 2018.
To complete the nomination form, you must be prepared to complete/attach the following:
- The nominee and nominators must sign this form and upload it on the application;
- A 150-word statement of Association priorities;
- A 350-word resume;
- Upload a curriculum;vitae outlining your education, work history, past professional offices held and research accomplishments;
- Upload a headshot photograph (head/shoulder, high resolution).
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com