Nominations deadline is December 1, 2017
To be a director of the Corporation an individual must be at least 18 years of age. No person who has been declared incapable by a court or who has the status of a bankrupt shall be a director.
To be eligible to be candidate for external director, the individual must:
- Not be a member of the Association;
- Not be an occupational therapist;
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and
- Have experience or expertise in an area or field approved or required by the Board.
The Governance Committee may make a written request to the Board for the waiver of some qualifications. In its discretion, the Board may grant the waiver of such qualifications.
- Understanding the functions and responsibilities of the Board;
- Awareness of valuable networks and contacts for the occupational therapy community;
- Knowledge on a diversity of issues related to occupational therapy;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Ability to guide the work of the Association to meet the mission, vision and strategic priorities;
- Ability to commit interest, energy and ideas for the work of the Board;
- Ability to provide a Pan-Canadian viewpoint;
- Willingness to consider other viewpoints and seek consensus;
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and contribute knowledge not provided by other Board members.
- Liaise between CAOT and stakeholder groups as required;
- Be familiar and comply with the bylaws, governance manual, code of ethics and policies of the Association;
- Represent CAOT or participate in CAOT activities as directed by the Board;
- Attend all Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting of CAOT, during which time you set policy, determine strategic directions for the Association and monitor compliance with the Board policy and achievement of strategic priorities.
Anywhere in Canada
Term of office
Three years commencing October 1, 2018.
To complete the nomination form, you must be prepared to complete/attach the following:
- The nominee and nominators must sign this form and upload it on the application;
- A 150-word statement of Association priorities;
- A 350-word resume;
- Upload a curriculum;vitae outlining your education, work history, past professional offices held and research accomplishments;
- Upload a headshot photograph (head/shoulder, high resolution).