Nominations deadline is December 1, 2017
To be a director of the Association an individual must be at least 18 years of age. No person who has been declared incapable by a court or who has the status of a bankrupt shall be a director.
To be eligible to be candidate for vice-chair, the individual must:
- Be a member of the Association;
- Have practiced occupational therapy in Canada for a minimum of five (5) years; and
- Have served as a director on the Board for at least one (1) term.
The Governance Committee may make a written request to the Board for the waiver of some qualifications. In its discretion, the Board may grant the waiver of such qualifications.
- Understand the functions and responsibilities of the Board;
- Develop and lead teamwork to successfully identify and obtain goals;
- Embrace creativity and innovation to effectively influence change;
- Communicate effectively with different audiences to project a positive image of occupational therapy and the work of the Association;
- Demonstrate flexibility to consider all viewpoints and seek consensus;
- Commit interest, energy and ideas to guide the work of the Association;
- Think strategically to lead with vision, integrity and ethical behavior;
- Utilize networks and contacts to promote occupational therapy.
- Work collaboratively with the President and assumes the duties of the President in his/her absence, including representing the Board and CAOT at official functions and to the public at-large;
- Chair the Awards, Complaints and Appeal Committees;
- Be familiar with and comply with the bylaws, governance manual, code of ethics and policies of the association;
- Represent CAOT or participate in CAOT activities as directed by the Board;
- Attend all Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting of CAOT, to set policy, determine strategic directions for the Association and monitor compliance with the Board policy and achievement of strategic priorities.
Anywhere in Canada
Term of Office
Two years commencing on October 1, 2018.
To complete the nomination form, you must be prepared to complete/attach the following:
- The nominee and nominators must sign this form and upload it on the application;
- A 150-word statement of Association priorities;
- A 350-word resume;
- Upload a curriculum vitae outlining your education, work history, past professional offices held and research accomplishments;
- Upload a headshot photograph (head/shoulder, high resolution).