Certification Examination Committee (CEC)
Become a committee member by emailing your CV and/or a short summary of your practice experience to Ryan McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org
The CEC coordinates all activities connected with the construction, administration and validation of the National Occupational Therapy Certification Examination, and the exam resources.Primary responsibilities or tasks
Committee members are expected to attend twice yearly meetings in Ottawa, prepare by reading all meeting preparation materials including technical reports of the exam. CEC tasks include:
- Review and update test items in collaboration with the exam consultant.
- Reviews technical information produced by the CAOT and the exam consultant related to the exam to ensure accuracy and clarity.
- Generates, analyze and classify specific items for the exam in accordance with the test Blueprint and current practice of occupational therapy.
- Review items for the exam resources.
- Review the policies and procedures associated with the administration of the exam.
Seeking a licenced OT with 2 or more years of work experience currently working with adults in general medical/hospital and/or home care. Also require a full-time academic teaching entry to practice students.
The CEC completes business in English and has a French translation subcommittee.
Consideration is given to promote CEC diversity, regional representation, and variety of practice settings. Required to work as a team/colleague with other CEC members over two or three-day meetings.
Attendance at full day of meetings, and preparation (emailed documents). Two meetings per year: end of September and middle of March. Members are appointed for a two-year term renewable twice.
Travel to Ottawa and expenses are covered for bi-annual meetings. Collaboration with colleagues nationally.
CAOT staff (Exam Officer&/or Director of Standards) provide initial orientation. Mentoring is provided by CEC chair and other CEC members.
CEC chair and CEC members, with resources/assistance from Director of Standards and Exam Officer.
As needed, post meetings.
Special resources or policies/agreement
Interested? We hope so. Become a committee member by emailing your CV and/or a short summary of your practice experience to email@example.com