How do I find an OT?

How do I find an occupational therapist?

When you need to FIND an OT, CAOT provides a convenient directory of occupational therapists that helps you connect with the occupational therapy services that are right for you.  You can search by province or by area of practice.

Find an OT icon


  • Occupational therapy services may be assigned to you as part of a hospital stay or a rehabilitation treatment plan.
  • Services may be accessed in your home or as an outpatient. Contact your local hospital or community health care centre for information.
  • Ask your family doctor or other health care professional (e.g. physiotherapist, nurse, chiropractor) for a referral to occupational therapy.
  • The services of an occupational therapist may be covered under your extended health insurance at work – ie Blue Cross, The Cooperators, SunLife.  Call them and find out.
Copyright 2016 Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
powered by in1touch
100-34 Colonnade Road
Ottawa, ON K2E 7J6 Canada