Seeking occupational therapists to provide national representation and leadership in professional issues to Canadian occupational therapists at the Board of Directors level. The successful candidate will possess initiative, creativity, foresight, strong communication and interpersonal skills and a keen desire to promote the profession.
Nominations deadline is December 1, 2019
To be a director of the Corporation an individual must be at least 18 years of age. No person who has been declared incapable by a court or who has the status of a bankrupt shall be a director.
To be eligible to be candidate for WFOT Director, the individual must:
Be a member of the Corporation;
Have practiced occupational therapy in Canada for a minimum of five (5) years; and
- Have served as a director on the Board for at least one (1) term.
- Be an individual member of the WFOT; and
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
The Governance Committee may make a written request to the Board for the waiver of some qualifications. In its discretion, the Board may grant the waiver of such qualifications.
- Understanding the functions and responsibilities of the WFOT Council and CAOT Board;
- Awareness of valuable networks and contacts for the occupational therapy community;
- Knowledge on a diversity of issues related to occupational therapy;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Ability to guide work to meet the mission, vision and strategic priorities of WFOT and CAOT;
- Ability to commit interest, energy and ideas for the work of WFOT and the CAOT Board;
- Willingness to consider other viewpoints and seek consensus;
- Ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Represent CAOT and its positions on professional issues to the WFOT member countries.
- Foster the involvement of present and potential members of CAOT.
- Provide an international perspective on the issues facing CAOT.
- Inform the board of the work of WFOT on an ongoing basis.
- Facilitate mechanisms for communication between CAOT, the Board of Directors, and WFOT member countries.
- Actively contribute to the work of WFOT on behalf of CAOT.
- Facilitate nominations for Canadian candidates to WFOT.
Anywhere in Canada
Term of Office
Four years commencing on October 1, 2020.
To complete the nomination, you must be prepared to submit the following to:
- Signed nomination form; (attachment)
- A 150-word statement of Association priorities;
- A 350-word resume;
- A curriculum vitae outlining your education, work history, past professional offices held and research accomplishments;(attachment)
- A headshot photograph (head/shoulder, high resolution) (attachment).
Complete nomination form