Palliative and End-of-Life Care Practice Network
PurposeThe Palliative and End-of-Life Care Practice Network is a community of practice which aims to share ideas, resources and experiences to improve our own professional practice and to actively engage Canadian occupational therapists toward greater awareness of palliative and end-of-life care and how it relates to professional practice in all contexts. The Network also aims to support CAOT and others in bringing the valuable perspective and contribution of occupational therapy to the attention of those developing, supporting and delivering palliative and end-of-life care. CAOT’s representative on the Quality End-of-Life Care Coalition of Canada (Chair of this Network) brings these perspectives and contributions to that forum.
- To actively engage Canadian occupational therapists to be aware of the role we play in quality end-of-life care
- To support occupational therapists to integrate the key elements of the national palliative care strategy into daily professional practice
- To regularly liaise with the Quality End-of-Life Care Coalition of Canada (QELCCC), to provide them with feedback from occupational therapists and to leverage resources for occupational therapists
- To create opportunities for sharing resources, discussing innovations and facilitating change that advance the growth of the occupational therapy practices in end-of-life care
- Julie Wilding (ON) - firstname.lastname@example.org