· BSc and/or MSc in Occupational Therapy from an accredited Canadian Occupational Therapy program
· Licensed with or eligible for licensure with the College of Occupational Therapist of Ontario
· Good understanding of Quality Improvement
· Good work and disciplinary record
· Advanced level in both official languages preferred (Oral and written in English; oral in French)
· Experience in stroke rehabilitation (minimum 2 years)
· Preference will be given to someone registered with ADP authorization for wheelchair, seating and mobility devices
· Good attendance record
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Reporting to the Manager of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Services, the Occupational Therapist is part of the therapy team providing services to patients admitted in the Stroke and Geriatric Rehabilitation Programs of the hospital as well as consultation on the Medicine Unit.
· Responsibilities involve assessing, planning and implementing treatments/programs necessary to meet the physical, psychological and functional needs of admitting patients including consulting with the patient’s physician and/or other members of the health care team.
· Responsible for the ongoing development of the Occupational Therapy Programs, specific to the needs of the Hospital.
· Experience in comprehensive assessment to determine a patient's sensory motor, cognitive, and perceptual abilities, as well as their skills for the functional performance of everyday activities.
· As per the CUPE collective agreement
Please submit your application and resume by no later than 4pm on March 16, 2018 to:
Hôpital Glengarry Memorial Hospital
20260 County Road 43
Alexandria, ON K0C 1A0
HGMH embraces the diversity of human experience and identity. All applications are welcome, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, cultural heritage, socio-economic background, or physical ability. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Copyright 2016 Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists